By Manishta Sunnia
This is a very simple and tasty dish to make. I usually have it with couscous or rice.
- Tinned tomatoes
- Garlic (finely chopped)
- Ginger (finely chopped)
- Chilli (flakes or fresh ones more for flavour. Powdered chilli do not tend to be flavoursome)
- Fresh coriander (optional, also mint)
- Chop carrots in length or rounded. (I tend to cut my rounded at an angle for texture)
- Sautee carrots in oil for about 5 minutes then add garlic and ginger
- Add tinned tomatoes, season with salt and sprinkle chilli. (The aim here is to have flavour rather than heat, but do add chilli according to your taste)
- Simmer slowly for 15-20mins until the tomato sauce has thickened. If the sauce thickens too quickly, dilute with water and make sure carrots are cooked al dente.
- Chop coriander or mint roughly and add on top or mix through sauce.
- Serve warm and enjoy.
(Other options: squirt some lemon juice to make sauce tangy or shave some lemon zest for a additional but subtle flavour. )