…if I do say so myself.
- (optional) chorizo
- finely chop the peppers and fry in a large, heavy frying pan with a good glug of olive oil.
- chop the garlic and chilli—removing the seeds, we don’t want to overpower the other flavours with too much heat—and add to the peppers. make sure the heat isn’t too high, you don’t want to burn the garlic.
- (if you’re adding meat, chop the chorizo into small cubes and add to the pan at this point)
- crack the eggs into a bowl and beat well with a (small) dash of milk and a (good) dash of paprika.
- when the peppers are soft pour over the egg mixture. the oil should just come over the edge of the egg at the side of the pan, so nothing sticks.
- once the egg starts to solidify on the top surface grate over the cheese. i went for some more parmesan today, but use whatever you like best, and let us know what works well.
- carefully fold over the omelette into a semi-circle and check the colouring on each side. you want a light to medium brown hue, don’t leave it too long and let it burn. folding it in half should let the heat pass through to the centre and ensure it’s all cooked.
- serve, perhaps with a slice of toast.